Pre arrivals: All the uni supplies you NEED
Whether you're coming to uni in September or January your first task when you arrive will be to unpack...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
If your first term is online you may not need these things yet but it doesn't mean you can't start looking, you may be able to shop around and get things at the best prices.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Bring spares!
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
- Stationery/notebooks/folders (something you'll definitely need if your lectures are all online)
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get shopping!
Don't forget that you can print this out or screenshot it to use it as a shopping list!
- Read Next
- Apply for SHIFT 2020 now Prize draw winners Support available to you QMU - Helping the Community What you should watch based on your subject area... Library Account Book Challenge Support at QMU Lockdown Stories.....Jamie QMUPodcast Different ways to use oats when you've had enough porridge!
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef Self-Service password reset available now Way 2 Pay - Your QMU best friend The ResLife Team Assisted Chin Up 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds