Prawn and Chorizo Pasta Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 290g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 350 g (12oz) conchiglie pasta
- 150 g (5oz) chorizo ring, sliced
- 150 g (5oz) raw king prawns
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 200 g (7oz) spinach
- small handful parsley, chopped
- Slice about ⅓ of the peppers into short strips. Set aside. Add remaining peppers to a food processor and whiz with tomato purée, sugar and some seasoning until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and fry until golden and some of the oil has been released into the pan, about 5min. Add prawns, garlic and chilli flakes and cook until prawns are pink. Then stir in reserved sliced peppers and pepper mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach and drained pasta to frying pan and cook until spinach has wilted, adding a splash of reserved cooking water if looking a little dry. Check seasoning, sprinkle over parsley and serve.
- Read Next
- Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe Mexican Lasagne Recipe Vegetable Broth with Salsa Verde Recipe Classic Houmous Recipe Aubergine & Sweet Potato Curry Recipe Chicken, Sweet Potato and Spinach Recipe Kale, Potato & Thyme Soup Recipe Easy Vegetable Curry Recipe Piri Piri Chicken with Spicy Rice Recipe Chicken and Sweet Potato Traybake Recipe Fatayer Recipe Very Simple Margherita Pizza Recipe Squash, Chilli & Black Bean Soft Taco Recipe Irish Boxty Recipe
- This weeks menu in 1875! Your Maggie's Menu Ridwane's Blog: First Semester 'Tarotscopes' Self-Service password reset available now Eat, Drink and Play at QMU