Prawn and Chorizo Pasta Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 290g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 350 g (12oz) conchiglie pasta
- 150 g (5oz) chorizo ring, sliced
- 150 g (5oz) raw king prawns
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 200 g (7oz) spinach
- small handful parsley, chopped
- Slice about ⅓ of the peppers into short strips. Set aside. Add remaining peppers to a food processor and whiz with tomato purée, sugar and some seasoning until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and fry until golden and some of the oil has been released into the pan, about 5min. Add prawns, garlic and chilli flakes and cook until prawns are pink. Then stir in reserved sliced peppers and pepper mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach and drained pasta to frying pan and cook until spinach has wilted, adding a splash of reserved cooking water if looking a little dry. Check seasoning, sprinkle over parsley and serve.
- Read Next
- Poetry Corner: Wild Geese Poetry Corner: How to be alone Choosing The Right Bike For You Learn Something New Post Graduation Options Make Your Own Bread Sanitary Products: Edinburgh Refillable Cups CLOSED:1875, The Shop & Starbucks E-Books: Free Downloads
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Nutrient File: Iron Maja's Blog: Asexuality Self-Service password reset available now Way 2 Pay - Your QMU best friend The ResLife Team Assisted Chin Up 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds