Piri Piri Chicken with Spicy Rice Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 tbsp. piri-piri marinade (you can buy mild, medium or hot)
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 peppers, any colour, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ bunch spring onion, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 4 tbsp. tomato purée
- 1 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika
- 250g cooked rice
- vegetables or salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Slash each piece of chicken 3 times, so the marinade can really flavour the meat. Pour over the sauce and leave in the fridge to marinate, if you have time. If not, mix well and arrange in a roasting tin.
- Cook for 30 mins, then increase heat to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook for about 15 mins more until the outside is crispy and golden.
- When the chicken is almost ready, heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the peppers and white parts of the spring onions for 5 mins.
- Tip in the purée and paprika, stir, then add the rice, breaking up with a wooden spoon so all the grains are coated well. Use a high heat and scrape any that sticks off the bottom so you get some soft and some crispy parts. Heat until piping hot.
- Scatter the green parts of the spring onion on top and serve with the chicken, and some vegetables or salad, if you like.
- Read Next
- Apply for SHIFT 2020 now Prize draw winners Support available to you QMU - Helping the Community What you should watch based on your subject area... Support at QMU Lockdown Stories.....Jamie QMUPodcast Different ways to use oats when you've had enough porridge! It's Taco Tuesday!
- Upright bike Support at QMU Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef Self-Service password reset available now Way 2 Pay - Your QMU best friend The ResLife Team Assisted Chin Up