Today, I prepared a delicious and filling recipe. I call it early morning salad, because I like to quickly make it before going to lectures, and eat it during a break. It can also be prepared a day before, and left overnight in the fridge.
Makes one portion. Preparation is about 25 minutes.
What ingredients will you need?
- 80g of penne pasta
- 100g of broccoli
- 100g of frozen peas
- 1 shallot onion
- 50g of ricotta cheese/cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of light balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- fresh basil leaves
- 20g of parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- black pepper
And this is how the magic happens:
- Start with cooking the pasta al dente with a pinch of salt, according to the instructions on the packaging. In the meantime, prepare the rest of ingredients.
- Peel the shallot and finely chop it.
- Split the broccoli into separate florets, and together with peas, add to boiling pasta water 5 minutes before it’s done. Drain it, and cool down.
- Toast the pine nuts on a pan, medium heat, until golden brown.
- Prepare the salad’s dressing. Mix together ricotta, olive oil, basil leaves, light balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey, add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Right before serving, mix the dressing with pasta and vegetables.
- Decorate with parmesan, pine nuts, and a basil leaf.
- The salad is amazing with a side of a toasted bun, preferably with garlic.