Paulina's Blog: Breakfast Chickpeas
First time I tried this dish was in the restaurant in Tripoli, Lebanon, on the morning of the hottest day of the summer. The mix of chickpeas with yoghurt was a perfect breakfast – light but filling.
Makes two sizeable portions. Preparation is about 30 minutes.
What ingredients will you need?
- 2 pitas
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 300g of Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- (optional) 5 tablespoons of pine nuts
- (optional) fresh mint leaves
- (optional) powdered sweet paprika
And this is how the magic happens:
- Preheat the oven to about 180c. Put the pan on the hob, and heat up the chickpeas – you don’t have to bring them to boil.
- Crush the garlic clove and mix it with yoghurt. Add tahini and olive oil, and stir until combined. Add salt to your taste.
- If you have pine nuts, sauté them with a bit of vegetable oil in a skillet on a medium heat, until they are lightly golden brown.
- Put the pitas in the oven, and grill for a few minutes, until crispy.
- After all the ingredients are ready, serve immediately. Put the warm, strained chickpeas on the bottom of a bowl, saving some for decoration. Cover them with yoghurt sauce, sprinkle with paprika, put toasted pine nuts, fresh mint leaves, and some chickpeas on top. Stick the toasted pitas in the dish, and use them to spoon the dish.
- If you have troubles with buying pitas, use plain mini tortillas.Y ou can also bake your own pitas at home, it is fairly easy!
- If you want, you can replace the olive oil with your favourite infused oil.
- Read Next
- Emily's Blog: Tinfoil Bookmarks QMU Hedgehogs ResLife Events in April Emily's Blog: Coffee Painting Emily's Blog: Stone Painting to Relax and Release Your Creative Flow Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 ResLife Events in March Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds