International Students: Welcome to QMU!
Congratulations! You have accepted your place at Queen Margaret University and we look forward to your arrival.
We understand it can be overwhelming moving to a new country or city, and we are here to help. If you need any information from travelling to QMU to meeting other International students, and any activities going on around campus - the QMU International Page on the QMU website tells you everything you need to know.
We operate drop-in surgery hours during term time;
Monday afternoons (2.00pm-5.00pm)
Thursday mornings (10.00am-12.00noon)
In case of any changes, you can check with the Registry Information Point on Level 1 of the Academic Building.
The International Office organise a number of social events for international students throughout the year. These are usually held in conjunction with the Student’s Union and include a familiarisation tour of Edinburgh, a Christmas lunch and other activities throughout the year. Follow our Facebook Page to keep up to date with all the latest event.
We also encourage international students to volunteer, as a way of getting to know the local language, community and culture. If you would like more information about any of these things, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To break the ice and help you settle in, QMU has added a few events to your calendar so make sure to note these down!
Sunday 9th September - International Students Induction event. Join us in the Main Academic Building at 9.30am for a full overview on life at QMU. Full details of what is included on the day can be found in your student handbook (your welcome packs will be provided here so do not miss out!). The induction will commence at 10.00am once you have all arrived.
*All International Students entering on a Student Visa MUST ARRIVE IN TIME to attend the International Students Induction event on Sunday 9th September Failure to do so may result in delaying your matriculation and affect your Student Visa*
The induction will include:
- An introduction to the university and the campus
- Guidance and support on matriculation (including issues relating to Student Visas and monitoring of attendance)
- Insight into Student Support Services at QMU including careers, counselling, disability, finance, welfare and via support
- Introduction to student clubs, societies, and volunteering opportunities
- Receive your welcome pack with useful information and special offers
For more information and everything you need to know, please read the International Student Pre Arrival Handbook September 2018.
- Read Next
- Contact us! Your personal guide to Edinburgh What's Browzer? Sports & Societies at QMU: what you need to know Are you ready for student life? Student Shopping Guide to Musselburgh Handy Tips that Could Save you Money RISE QMU Accommodation - Helpful Information Student Blog: The Countdown: Maintaining friendships as an international student Step up with QMU Get protected from Measles Watch 'Soar', QMUs latest showcase Step up with QMU: Jo's Story
- Win a £50 Amazon voucher for your thoughts Ride The Night Edinburgh 2019 Welcome back to Semester 2! Accommodation - Helpful Information Free cooking classes at QMU