Have you ever thought of travelling to Lithuania?
It may not seem a destination of interest but being from there, I can't recommend it enough! I sometimes come across UK tourists - and you never know, you might be one of them some day!
You might also meet some Lithuanian people around you - like me :)
Saying a few words in another language is great for breaking the ice, so here are some basic Lithuanian phrases:
- Hello – Labas
- How are you? – Kaip sekasi?
- It is nice to meet you – Malonu susipazinti
- What is your name? – Koks Tavo vardas?
- Where is the bus station? – Kur autobusu stotis?
- Where is the nearest restaurant? – Kur artimiausia kavine?
If you are worried about the spelling and the pronunciation, why not check out Curtis' Blog on languages - he offers some good advice on websites that can help you learn a language the right way.