Greek-Style Stuffed Red Peppers Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 large red peppers
- 100g couscous
- Olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 black olives
- Handful each of mint, dill and parsley
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 80g feta
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Halve the peppers, being careful to keep the green stalk attached. Remove the seeds and any white pith. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake at the top of the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking prepare the filling. Tip the couscous into a bowl, add a little salt and pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil. Pour 130ml boiling water over the couscous, stir well and cover with a plate. Leave to one side for 10 minutes.
- Dice the tomatoes into small pieces, discarding the seeds. Finely chop the red onion and garlic and quarter the black olives. Then lastly, roughly chop the herbs.
- Use a fork to fluff up the couscous, separating all of the grains. Add all of the chopped vegetables and herbs, the crumbled feta and lemon juice and mix well.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and divide the couscous mixture between them, pressing down lightly. Drizzle over a little more olive oil and return to the oven for 5 minutes before serving.
- Read Next
- QMU - Helping the Community What you should watch based on your subject area... Library Account Book Challenge Support at QMU Lockdown Stories....Sarah Lockdown Stories.......Connor Lockdown Stories.....Jamie Lockdown Stories......Ellen Lockdown Stories.......Stuart QMUPodcast
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef Self-Service password reset available now Way 2 Pay - Your QMU best friend The ResLife Team Assisted Chin Up 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds