Fun food facts to pick up your day!
For all you foodies out there, have you heard these facts before?!
The world’s largest pumpkin pie on record used 495 litres of evaporated milk, 233 dozen eggs and 525lbs of sugar. It was 20 feet in diameter and weighed 3,699 pounds (285 stone 6lbs)
It has been estimated that the average British child will eat the equivalent of three cups of sugar in treats at Halloween – that’s about 16 times their daily recommended amount
- Rumour has it that during the 1700s and 1800s, women used apples at Halloween to help them find a husband. They threw apple peel over their shoulder hoping to see their future husband’s initials, and competitively bobbed for apple because the winner would (apparently) be the first to get married
- Before Halloween become popular in America, people used to carve turnips, potatoes, and beets rather than pumpkins
- The UK will bin 8m pumpkins after Halloween, the equivalent of enough pumpkin pie to feed the entire nation
- Read Next
- Things only Edinburgh locals will know... 5 things worth knowing about coffee! Super Salads in 1875 9 of the BEST things about autumn Snowflake Biscuits Recipe Unbelievably Easy Mince Pies Recipe Marty's Blog: 7 Spooky Things In Edinburgh To Get You In The Halloween Spirit Stay healthy at uni Coriander & Lime Chicken Recipe Food Allergy Awareness GET BIGGER SALAD BOX !
- Sports Centre Membership Offer Udder Choices: You Said, We Did ResLife Clothing Swap Christmas Feast in 1875 Tyler's Blog: Mastering the Airbnb Hustle