Different ways to use oats when you've had enough porridge!
This quarantine has been testing us in many ways and cooking being one of them. I am sure you have tried to make your porridge ten different ways since this started, but have you thought of making something different with oats rather than porridge? You may be surprised but oats can make fantastic pizza base, here's the recipe below:
Oatmeal pizza crust
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup almond milk or your preferable type
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Blend all your ingredients together until smooth. Texture of your pizza base will be slightly thick. Use round pizza tray or cake mould, put parchment paper and pour the batter in and spread evenly to create 3-4mm thick crust. Bake for 7-9 minutes then remove from the oven and flip over. Top with your favourite pizza topping and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
We all know KFC style chicken recipe, where you coat a chicken in cornflakes and deep fry it, right? This recipe below is a game changer! It is oven baked and it uses oats for coating, but it definitely does not compromise on taste! The chicken is flavoursome, crunchy, light and just yummy! Try it for yourself, if you don't believe me! Here's my favourite recipe below.
Crunchy oat and sesame chicken strips
- 4 chicken breast fillets, chopped into strips
- 2 eggs, whisked with 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 4 tbsps italian herbs
- olive oil for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Whizz the oats in food processor for about 10-15 second to break them up a little. In a bowl mix the oats, sesame seed and Italian herbs. Dip chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then coat in oats. Lay them out on an oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 35 minutes. Remember to turn the chicken halfway through.
- Read Next
- What you should watch based on your subject area... Library Account Book Challenge Support at QMU Lockdown Stories....Sarah Lockdown Stories.......Connor Lockdown Stories.....Jamie Lockdown Stories......Ellen Lockdown Stories.......Stuart QMUPodcast Conferences & Events Newsletter - April 2020
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Self-Service password reset available now Way 2 Pay - Your QMU best friend The ResLife Team Assisted Chin Up 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds Fresh Ideas Competition - enter today