Cycle Connections Bike Hire Scheme
The university has a fleet of 20 hybrid bikes which can be hired, these are available for long-term hire. They are new Whyte, Whitechapel and Carnaby bikes funded by Cycling Scotland. This is a healthier and cheaper alternative to using the car, bus or train services. The following tariffs apply to the bike hire scheme:
During Semester: £40.00
Follow the Cycle Connections Facebook Page for regular updates and information.
To find out more and get involved in the work Cycling Scotland does, please visit their website.
Information about Cycling around QMU:
Cycling is a healthy and convenient way of travelling both around the QMU campus, and to other local areas. As well as the health benefits, cycling can reduce your journey time to many destinations.
Here are some journey time comparisons between cycling and taking the bus:
- To Edinburgh City Centre: Cycling 35 mins; Bus 46 mins.
- To Fort Kinnaird: Cycling 9 mins; Bus 14 mins.
- To Portobello: Cycling 18 mins; Bus 17 mins.
QMU Student Residences are conveniently located 50m from National Cycle Route 1, which connects QMU to the Forth Road Bridge via Edinburgh City Centre.
Access to Portobello Beach can also be gained from the National Cycle Route 1, the promenade of which makes for an enjoyable leisurely cycle.
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World The power of 5! New Staff! Opening Hours Food on Campus - delivery service and opening hours Walking and Cycling Routes What facilities are available in the Sports Centre Do i need to wear a face covering in the gym?
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds Maja's Blog: How to fight heteronormativity?