Cycle Connections Bike Hire Scheme
The university has a fleet of over 30 hybrid bikes which can be hired, these are available for long-term hire. 20 of these hire bikes are brand new Whyte, Whitechapel and Carnaby bikes funded by Cycling Scotland. This is a healthier and cheaper alternative to using the car, bus or train services. The following tariffs apply to the bike hire scheme:
During Semester: £40.00
Follow the Cycle Connections Facebook Page for regular updates and information.
To find out more and get involved in the work Cycling Scotland does, please visit their website.
Information about Cycling around QMU:
Cycling is a healthy and convenient way of travelling both around the QMU campus, and to other local areas. As well as the health benefits, cycling can reduce your journey time to many destinations.
Here are some journey time comparisons between cycling and taking the bus:
- To Edinburgh City Centre: Cycling 35 mins; Bus 46 mins.
- To Fort Kinnaird: Cycling 9 mins; Bus 14 mins.
- To Portobello: Cycling 18 mins; Bus 17 mins.
QMU Student Residences are conveniently located 50 metres from National Cycle Route 1, which connects QMU to the Forth Road Bridge via Edinburgh City Centre.
Access to Portobello Beach can also be gained from the National Cycle Route 1, the promenade of which makes for an enjoyable leisurely cycle.
- Read Next
- Just Eat Bikes at QMU Dr Bike at QMU Cycling Facilities at QMU Liftshare with QMU Collect your parcels on campus with Amazon lockers District Heating Repairs: SSUB Hot Water and Car Parking Parking Applications Getting Around Edinburgh RISE QMU International Students: Welcome to QMU! Robert's Blog: Edinburgh’s Stress Relieving Areas Jessica's Blog: Live Music in Edinburgh Robert's Blog: Free Days Out in Edinburgh Tyler's Blog: A trip to the Highlands Elena's Blog: Looking for part-time work?
- Just Eat Bikes at QMU Your Freshers 2019 Guide ALL the information you need for moving into QMU halls this September Self-Service password reset available now Student Shopping Guide to Musselburgh