Beginners Running Group
A welcoming group following an 9 week programme to guide you from beginner to 5k hero!
Taking up running can seem like a scary prospect, especially if you’ve never done it before.
Join us on this tried and tested, popular programme which is designed for beginners to gradually build running ability, so you can run 5k without stopping.
The aim of this program is to get you exercising by completing 3 runs per week with rest days in between. It works by building up your stamina and fitness through interval training, where you run for so many minutes, and then recover by walking, then you run again, and so on.
At the end of the 9 weeks we plan to head down to our local Parkrun and complete 5k together, as a group!
Find out more about Parkrun Here!
Running Group Info:
- Led by qualified Sports Centre staff
- Sessions are FREE
- Every Wednesday afternoon 1:30-2:30pm
- Starts Wednesday 4th March
- Meet outside the QMU sport centre
- Beginners welcome
For more information or to register your interest email: email@example.com
Please bring/wear appropriate running gear and trainers
Couch to 5k is a FREE App from NHS
- Read Next
- Learn Something New Post Graduation Options Make Your Own Bread Online Netflix Watching! Sanitary Products: Edinburgh Refillable Cups CLOSED:1875, The Shop & Starbucks Maggies & Pop-up Shop E-Books: Free Downloads How To Help: Covid-19
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Sustainable Easter Crafts Nutrient File: Iron Maja's Blog: Asexuality Self-Service password reset available now Way 2 Pay - Your QMU best friend The ResLife Team Assisted Chin Up