We all love a good hack, right?
Sometimes your budgets can be a bit tight, so instead of buying new clothes, fix your old ones!
You might think that it sounds a bit out there, but don't knock it until you've tried it. Here are 12 hacks that you might find useful:
- De-pilling on your clothes is so annoying, a simple way to get rid of these is to run a razor over the item and get the last little bits with some tape.
- Need new jeans but the changing rooms are all full? Wrap the waistline around your neck, if it meets without an overlap, you've got the perfect fit! (We can't promise you won't get any odd stares when doing this.)
- Smashed your favourite bronzer or powder into a hundred pieces? Save your money and fix it with rubbing alcohol into the cracks - just follow these easy steps!
- Don't you just hate it when your new shoes give you the worst blisters? Stretch them slightly by putting a bag of water in each and leave them in the freezer overnight and BAM; comfy shoes!
- To remove stubborn oil stains, just apply talcum powder and leave it overnight and brush it off the next morning with a clean old toothbrush and it's like it was never there.
- No one likes having armpit odours on their clothes so just spray the area with lemon juice to remove - easy!
- Got foundation on your brand new white dress? No problem; use shaving foam. Let it settle on the mark for a couple of minutes and rinse off. You can blast it under the hair dryer if you're in a rush.
- One for those smelly old trainers that you can't bear to throw away... sprinkle baking soda in them and leave overnight, this will soak up any sweaty smells and saves any embarrassment in lectures!
- Save the awkward questions when you've got lipstick on your shirt; by spraying hairspray and letting it settle before putting it in the washing machine will remove these straight away.
- You have heard that white wine removes red wine stains and it really does work!
- In desperate need of an iron but don't have one? Here are 3 ways to remove creases, hair straighteners may be the quickest option.
- If you've been the unfortunate person that has accidentally sat on chewing gum, stick your jeans in the freezer and the gum should peel right off.