Now is the time that many of you will be preparing living arrangements for your next year of studies. Sometimes it's hard to decide whether to live in a flat, house, stay at home or in halls.
Here are some reasons why staying in halls may be more beneficial:
1. Secure living; 24/7 security, secure locks and insurance on valuables.
2. Maintenance support: Daily/ immediate help
3. Bills inclusive ; no need to split water, electricity and gas bills and calculate on top of rent costs. Use as much water and heating as you like!
4. Live as close to university as possible; most MMU Halls are 5-10 minutes from campus.
5. Privacy; If you like to spend a lot of time alone or know that you will need to spend a lot of time on your studies, you won't be easily distracted. Ensuite rooms and Studio rooms are perfect.
6. Metcard money left over or scheduled to bank in? Spend it wisely... Rather than not knowing where to spend it, use it on accommodation!
7. Love meeting new people? Halls can be a great way to meet lots of new people.
8. Support; MMU Halls provide support for all students in halls through regular visits and drop-ins by Residential Advisors.
For more information about living in MMU halls please check the Student Living website.