What's already provided in Birley flats?
Just in case you were wondering what to bring when you move into your flat in September, here is a list of what is already provided so you can make sure not to double up on stuff:
- Each of you will have at least two and a half cupboards, plus a drawer to keep all of your cutlery.
- Ironing boards are provided but you will need to bring your own iron with you. So you don't end up with loads of irons, maybe ask your flatmates first and pool together for one for the flat?
- Hoover and a mop and bucket.
- There is a big TV in the communal area with HDMI cables available too.
- You will each have a shelf in the fridge and freezer for your food.
However, make sure you bring cleaning stuff, kitchen towels, soap etc though!
- Bin (stored underneath your desk.)
- Mattress, just don't forget bedding!
- Double wardrobe but remember to bring coat hangers, (for the girls, there is a full-length mirror on the inside of the wardrobe door so you don't need to bring one).
- Noticeboard, hang up any uni information or stick up photos of you and your friends.
- Plenty of drawers and shelves to store your work and belongings.
- Small bin in the en-suite.
- Plug sockets by the bed and two plug sockets on the desk.
- A small lamp is already on the desk, can be moved around if you want it near the bed.
- If you pull up your mattress there is storage underneath for all of your bags! Some students don't realise this for months and have had bags taking up space around the room so when you are all unpacked, put it away.
- Read Next
- My fave places to check out in Manchester Alcohol Impact: Knowing your limits! Is it time to come out? What to bring to uni
- What to bring to uni Things that happen when you go home for summer... My fave places to check out in Manchester Find out more about our halls... Why you should live at Manchester Met