Welcome to Cavendish Halls!
So you're living in Cavendish Halls are you, you lucky scamps?!
Here's some need-to-know info about your new home...
What do you need to bring?
You can find a handy list of what we provide and what we recommend you bring here.
It's important to note that there are induction hobs at Cavendish Halls so remember to buy pots and pans suitable for an induction hob - otherwise, they won't work, there'll be no soup and we'll all be sad.
How do I get there?
You can find travel directions here.
Where can I do my laundry?
You will find card-operated machines and dryers on the third floor. Cards cost £2 and can be topped up online or at a machine.
Do I have a cleaner?
A cleaner will come to tidy the communal areas once a week (but be aware they will not clean if the surfaces are messy, so try and keep things clutter free!) and you're in charge of keeping your bedroom clean. Good luck, friend. You can do it. We believe in you.
Where do I pick up my post?
You can collect your post from your post box located in Cavendish Hall entrance. Large parcels will need to be collected from Cambridge North reception.
What's my new address?
Room number, Flat Number, Cavendish Hall, 41 Cavendish St, Manchester, M15 6BG
How do I report maintenance jobs?
Please report any maintenance issues to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it's an emergency (gas leak, water or power outage etc) please go directly to reception or call 0161 247 140
Get your bearings in the first few weeks by finding your nearest...
- Supermarket: Asda (M15 5AS)
- Pub/bar: The Salutation, Footage or MMU Union Bar
- Coffee fix: There's loads of choice down Oxford Road, as well as the cafes in each of our academic buildings!
- Workout: Manchester Aquatics Centre, The Sugden Centre
- Doctors: Arch Medical Practice (M15 5TJ)
Don't forget, you can get to know and love your new flatmates before you arrive by joining your halls Facebook group.
- Read Next
- What it's (realistically) like living in halls What should I pack for uni? My fave places to check out in Manchester Places to eat and drink Manchester Mcr Pride Parade 2018: Join us on the Parade float
- What it's (realistically) like living in halls Find out more about our halls... What's already provided in Birley flats? Accommodation Cancellation and Refund Information How to resolve any problems with Flatmates