Top Tips: Cleaning
As well as being responsible for keeping your bedroom clean, it is your responsibility to keep your kitchen and bathroom clean. No one likes cleaning, but creating a rota and making sure you clean up after yourself will make cleaning easy. Here are our top tips:
- Don't let pots and pans pile up
- If you spill anything on the side, wipe it up
- Clean up splashes and spillages in the microwave
- Never pour fat or oil down the drain as this causes blockages!
Even if you have an en-suite, follow these rules for yourself!
- Always clean sinks, baths and showers after use
- Make sure any hair is removed from plugholes
- Wipe up excess water from the floor after a shower
- Don't use bleach based products
- Regularly vacuum your room
- Change your bed sheets regularly
- Clear away dirty cups and plates
- Wipe down shelves and surfaces regularly
- Read Next
- Coping with the stresses of student life: Tips from a 2nd year How to have the best group presentation Hacks that could save you some serious cash Cheap Student Recipes You know you're a student when... Drink ReThink. What's it all about?
- FREE doughnuts and pamper packs at Birley Top Tips: Cleaning Adulting: the untold truth Hacks that could save you some serious cash 12 genius clothing hacks you NEED to know