So you like... the great outdoors
There are loads of opportunities around Campus to get involved with a range of activities. In this series, we let you know about the various societies, events and clubs you can get involved with.
It doesn't always rain in Manchester you know! And we know that a lot of you love being outdoors. So we have compiled a list of things you can get involved in that will get you some fresh air (and hopefully some sunshine!)
- Big Impact. The environment team run events throughout the year around sustainability. Keep an eye out for events they are running as some of these take place outside, they even have a newsletter for you to sign up to here.
- Sustainability & Growth Society (Crewe). With a focus on sustainability, recycling and up-cycling, this society aims to bring together like minded people as well as people who are interested in picking up new habits. More information here.
- Get Into Sport. MMU Sport run a series of courses to allow students to try something new for a small cost. Courses include Parkour and golf. Discover more via this link.
- Volunteer opportunities. The Union regularly post volunteering opportunities on their website, including opportunities like conservation and gardening. A full list can be found here.
- Read Next
- So you like... music Bike Safety - How To Not Get Hit... So you like... gaming and electronics Be part of #MCRRecycleWeek18 So, you like sport? What is a Course Rep and why become one? How to have the best group presentation Struggling with Social Anxiety? Couch to 5K
- What's on this week: 15th October - 21st October 2018 Free sport and fitness for all students How to have the best group presentation Things to do for FREE in Manchester Hidden Gems 2018 and volunteering opportunities