Recycling in your accommodation at Manchester Met couldn’t be easier!
You are responsible for removing the rubbish in your halls correctly, and by putting rubbish in the right recycling bins you are helping to prevent waste and live more sustainably. If pugs can do it, so can you!
In your kitchens, you should have:
- A yellow recycling information poster
- A blue paper and card bin
- A green can and plastic bottle bin
- A brown food waste bin with a clear liner
- A purple glass recycling bag
- A general waste bin
If you don’t have any of the above, or anything is missing or broken, please contact your accommodation’s reception.
What goes where?
We know that recycling is different wherever you go, but here’s how we do it at Manchester Met:
- Paper and card go in the blue bin
- Cans & plastic bottles go in the green bin
- Glass jars and bottles go in the purple bag
- All food waste should be placed in the brown food bin
From September 2016, plastic bin liners can no longer go in the big recycling outside bins (the plastic liners contaminate the recycling) so please empty your recycling into the correct bin and put your bin liners in the general waste bin.
However, the small liners for your food waste bins can be recycled alongside your food (the liners are separated in the recycling centre).
You can get plastic bin bags free of charge from your halls reception- so there's no excuse!!
Tidy flat = happy housemates
Just make sure you work together with your flat and take it in turns to take your bins –this helps keep your flat tidy and this avoids arguments.
If you have any questions or suggestions about recycling, drop us an email – email@example.com or message us on Facebook.
- Read Next
- My fave places to check out in Manchester Mcr Pride Parade 2018: Join us on the Parade float Free online courses with Mcr Met and Future Learn Alcohol Impact: Knowing your limits! What to bring to uni
- Things that happen when you go home for summer... What to bring to uni Why you should live at Manchester Met What's already provided in Birley flats? Mcr Pride Parade 2018: Join us on the Parade float