Location, location, location... it's key when looking for a house. Manchester is a vibrant city full of students and there are plenty of areas to choose between when looking for Private Housing.
It's not just simply about picking your favourite place though, there are things you should take into account, such as:
- How far you want to be away from uni?
- How much will it cost to commute?
- Is there a nearby supermarket?
- Does it have car parking?
Here are the options with some useful hints to help you decide what's best for you...
- Walking distance of university
- Small leafy area located between Rusholme and Longsight with a rich industrial heritage
- Types of property in this area are typically large Victorian houses, some flat conversions and a recent modern development
- Rent can range from £78.00 - £96.50
- Close to University campus areas and a short bus ride from the city centre
- Smaller terraced properties are typical in this area
- On average the most affordable area – can get good quality at very affordable prices
- Sometimes referred to as “The Curry Mile – plenty of places to eat
- Rent can range from £75.00 - £92.00
- Busy suburb in South Central Manchester and home to Platt Fields Park
- Just a short bus ride to university
- Good shopping facilities with a large supermarket in the centre
- Rent can range from £83.00 - £102.50
- Suburban area a little further along the bus route from Fallowfield
- Vibrant village centre with a good range of shops and restaurants
- A mixed residential community with larger houses and gardens
- Rent can range from £80.00 - £98.00
- The area where Birley Campus is located
- Close the City centre
- Good shopping facilities with a large supermarket and an indoor market
- Large array of community groups, arts centres and co-operatives
- Property types are most recently developed houses and apartments
- Rent can range from £95.00 - £100.00
- Many residential areas have been developed in Manchester City Centre
- Northern Quarter, Green Quarter, New Islington, Spinningfields to name a few
- Property types are mostly the 1+2 bed apartment market
- Everything that a major regional city centre has to offer on the doorstep
- Rent can range from £109.00 - £173.00