Leaving Halls? Your ultimate checklist!
If you didn't catch all of that, here's our quick-fire list...
- Make sure the carpet's clean
- Wipe down any surfaces with a cloth
- Check you haven't left anything behind
- Empty your bin
- Turn your lights off
- Lock your door
- Make sure your fridge, freezer and cupboards are empty
If you notice something's damaged during moving out, report it to the accommodation staff as soon as possible.
Contact your hall reception if you want to be there for when the accommodation staff inspect your room (at least one week in advance.)
Can't take everything with you? See what items you can donate to those in need or contact the hall reception team.
- Read Next
- 10 best things about being a Student Ambassador Find out more about our halls... 5 things to do when you have settled in How to resolve any problems with Flatmates Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran What is it like to be a RA
- FREE doughnuts and pamper packs at Birley Adulting: the untold truth Top Tips: Cleaning Hacks that could save you some serious cash January Deals and Discounts