Holidays. What to do, what to do?
Sometimes holiday times are everything we want them to be. Sometimes we can feel a little out in the cold.
- If you have university work to complete, try to have a timetable so that you can have some work free days.
- Make an effort to be more physically active. Physical activity is one of the best ways to make yourself feel better. Take a walk, go to the gym, get out in the country, or take on a project that calls for physical activity.
- Stop putting unreasonable pressure on yourself to be happy during the holidays. When you have legitimate reasons for being happy, acknowledge them and be gentle with yourself.
- Practice random acts of kindness. They really work.
- Set some goals but make them realistic.
- Seek out people who make you feel better, and avoid people and activities that have an adverse effect.
- Watch your intake of alcohol. While a few drinks may make you feel temporarily euphoric, alcohol is a depressant and can end up making you feel worse than before.
- Ask for support if you need it.
- If you feel in crisis please look here Crisis?
Have a good break. Have a good rest. See you in the New Year.
- Read Next
- Struggling with Social Anxiety? Let's get Hinching! Is Mindfulness Everywhere These Days? You can learn anything! Advice to my first year self When home doesn't feel like home anymore... How to find a part time job How I funded my summer... Top tips: Stress busters What is it like for International students at MMU? Adulting: the untold truth Got a job interview?
- Stay with us! Resits: If at first you don't succeed... What's around Birley? Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran The Cotswold Way 100: How did Paula get on?