Holidays. What to do, what to do?
Sometimes holiday times are everything we want them to be. Sometimes we can feel a little out in the cold.
- If you have university work to complete, try to have a timetable so that you can have some work free days.
- Make an effort to be more physically active. Physical activity is one of the best ways to make yourself feel better. Take a walk, go to the gym, get out in the country, or take on a project that calls for physical activity.
- Stop putting unreasonable pressure on yourself to be happy during the holidays. When you have legitimate reasons for being happy, acknowledge them and be gentle with yourself.
- Practice random acts of kindness. They really work.
- Set some goals but make them realistic.
- Seek out people who make you feel better, and avoid people and activities that have an adverse effect.
- Watch your intake of alcohol. While a few drinks may make you feel temporarily euphoric, alcohol is a depressant and can end up making you feel worse than before.
- Ask for support if you need it.
- If you feel in crisis please look here Crisis?
Have a good break. Have a good rest. See you in the New Year.
- Read Next
- Struggling with Social Anxiety? Is Mindfulness Everywhere These Days? You can learn anything! Advice to my first year self How to find a part time job How bad sleep can affect your grades What is it like for International students at MMU? Got a job interview? Adulting: the untold truth Can you have a good night out without alcohol? January Deals and Discounts
- Fancy winning £500 cash? Skint? You need a fakeaway! Easter eggs up for grabs! Revision Tips - Stay with us to study! The best places to eat in MCR