Cheap Student Recipes
Got no money but want to eat like a king? I’m here for you.
Fancy some chips but don’t want them plain?
Add some toppings...
French fries (cooked)
What you’ll need:
A knife to chop up your ingredients
Grill proof dish
- Make French fries in a grill-proof dish, following the instructions
- Once done, top the French fries with shredded pepperoni, chopped jalapenos and thin sliced onions
If you’re feeling fancy, check out this website for some more chip topping recipes.
Feeling like pizza but lacking the dough?
Use bread instead for a brizzillant night
6 bread slices
Any toppings you’d like to put on your ‘b-izza’, I personally like my veg: (corn, basil, cheery toms)
What you’ll need:
A baking tray
Parchment paper or foil
A knife to cut your ingredients
A spoon to spread your tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Slice the Mozzarella and your toppings
- Arrange your bread slices on a baking tray lined with parchment or foil paper
- Spread tomato sauce on one side of each slice of bread
- Add the mozzarella and all of your toppings
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Fancy something sweet? Here are my treats on a budget...
- Read Next
- Coping with the stresses of student life: Tips from a 2nd year Spill The Beans #2: Food Tips From An MMU Student Spill The Beans #3: Food Tips From An MMU Student How to cook the perfect rice & pasta You know you're a student when... International students: How to cure homesickness Is it done yet? Got a job interview? Exploring Outside of Manchester: Blackpool How to find a part time job
- FREE doughnuts and pamper packs at Birley Adulting: the untold truth Hacks that could save you some serious cash No surprises this Valentine's! How to deal with noisy neighbours when in private housing