Budgeting your way through your final loan...
The feeling of seeing your loan drop in your bank account is one of the best when you're a student!
Unfortunately, that feeling doesn't last long when you 'accidentally' spend it all in one go. Getting your budgeting together for the month is important, especially when calling the parents to ask for money just isn't an option...
- At the start of a month, list all of your incomings and outgoings. You will be able to see what you have left and if you need to cut back on any spending.
- Use your student discount wherever you can. This way you won't have to cut back on treating yourself (we all know uni can be testing so treating yourself every once in a while is important). Not everywhere offers student discount but don't be afraid to ask!
- Avoid the takeaways and learn to cook instead. Not only will it taste better than having Pot Noodles every day, but is also much healthier and a much more cost effective way of saving money.
This loan will need to last you until you go home for summer, so make sure you get your budgeting in place as soon as possible!
- Read Next
- How to find a part time job Tips from a 2nd year Let's reduce our food waste! How to have the best group presentation 8 stress fighting foods you NEED in your diet Let's be positive about male body image! Things you should do before you leave University January Deals and Discounts A cringe free guide to making friends at Uni Got a job interview? How to stay positive You know you're a student when.... What is it like for International students at MMU?
- Be in with a chance of winning your very own Uni-Pug! Did someone say rev sesh?! What's around Birley? Looking back on my final year 5 things to do when you have settled in