Winter Warmer Recipe: Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
It doesn't get much better than a Spaghetti Bolognese to warm you up on these gloomy January evenings. Our recipe below is completely vegan and serves 6, so it's perfect for coming together for a flat meal!
- 500g spaghetti (vegan option here)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g mushrooms, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 carrot, grated and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Vegan Cheese (optional, recommendations here)
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and gently fry the mushrooms until golden. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat some more olive oil and fry the onions with the garlic until soft. Add the carrots and celery for a few minutes and then stir in the tomato purée, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Finally, add the mushrooms back in the pan along with the chopped tomatoes and the vegetable stock.
- Close the lid and bring to a simmer. Leave to cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to pack instructions, drain and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Serve the pasta with the bolognese and add basil leaves and grated vegan cheese to taste.
- Read Next
- Climate Crisis - Week of Action Greenbank HSC International Women's Day Packs International Women's Day Activity Packs Tudor HSC Easter Activity Packs Tudor HSC St Patricks Day Packs National Student Money Week 2021 Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla Creating a Budget Student Behaviour in Halls
- What to do if you're not happy with your room International students self-isolating on arrival Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool