Winter Warmer Recipe - Microwave Mug Cake
So we know some of you may already be long-time fans of this unbelievably simple recipe, but for others who haven't yet tried the delicacy ... we give you the Microwave Mug Cake! Perfect to warm you up after a cold day of Christmas shopping - see the ingredients and recipe below.
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- a few drops of vanilla essence or other essence (orange or peppermint work well)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins etc (optional)
- Add 4 tbsp self-raising flour, 4 tbsp caster sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa powder to the largest mug you have (to stop it overflowing in the microwave) and mix.
- Add 1 medium egg and mix in as much as you can, but don't worry if there's still dry mix left.
- Add the 3 tbsp milk, 3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil and a few drops of vanilla essence and mix until smooth, before adding 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins, if using, and mix again.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on High for 1½ -2 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch.
Want some more tasty recipes? Check out our food page here.
- Read Next
- Philharmonic HSC Cooking Competition Melville HSC St Patricks Day Packs Looking after your mental health at university Crown HSC St Patricks Day Packs Vine HSC International Women's Day Packs Greenbank HSC International Women's Day Packs International Women's Day Activity Packs Tudor HSC Easter Activity Packs Tudor HSC St Patricks Day Packs Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for looking after your money