Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla
These Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas are an easy vegetarian (or vegan) snack or light meal that are filling and flavourful! This recipe makes around 10 quesadillas but they can be frozen and saved for another time.
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander (about ½ cup chopped)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (vegan option here)
- Seasoning – use whatever you have of the following and mix to your taste: Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, Salt, Pepper
- Around 10 tortillas
- Drain the black beans and add them to a bowl along with the frozen corn (no need to thaw)
- Finely dice the onion, mince the garlic, and roughly chop the coriander.
- Add the onion, garlic, coriander, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning to a bowl with the beans and corn. Stir until everything is evenly combined and coated in seasoning.
- Place a half cup of the filling on one side of each tortilla and fold over.
- Add a very small amount of olive oil to a frying pan and cook the quesadillas over medium heat on each side until brown and crispy and the cheesy filling has melted.
- Slice into triangles then serve!
To freeze, stack the filled and uncooked quesadillas with a piece of parchment paper between each quesadilla. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. To reheat either microwave (for a soft quesadilla) or cook in a skillet on low heat (make sure to use low heat so that the filling has time to thaw and melt before the outside burns).
- Read Next
- Volunteer Research Opportunity Accommodation Fees and Rebate Personal Safety Halls Life Activity Packs Completing the Census 2021 Halls’ Students: Talk to your HSC Looking after your mental health at university Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla Creating a Budget
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Completing the Census 2021 Halls Contact Information Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for looking after your money