What to pack
You're going to be heading off on a new adventure soon, and the temptation is to buy loads of new stuff to take with you. Our advice is to bring the essentials with you on moving day and figure the rest out once you're here - wait until you know the size of your room and what everyone else has brought before making loads of new purchases.
Here's a list of some things will need over the first few days and so will definitely need to bring with you from home:
- Documentation / ID
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag/hamper
- Bathmat (if you have an en-suite bathroom particularly)
- Bedside/desk lamp
- Kitchen utensils
Make sure you have at least one plate, bowl, saucepan, glass and mug as well as a set of cutlery.
Remember once you're here your flat will be your household and so it's best to wait and see what everyone else has bought before you start buying full sets of everything. If you will be living in a Studio you will need to buy your own cooking equipment as you will not be sharing a kitchen.
- Food to last you a few days before you head to the shops - see our tips on what to bring here.
- Bring some photos / memorable items and other comfortable items like cushions to make you feel at home.
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni, click here for more information.
- Read Next
- Volunteer Research Opportunity Accommodation Fees and Rebate Personal Safety Halls Life Activity Packs Completing the Census 2021 Halls’ Students: Talk to your HSC Looking after your mental health at university Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla Creating a Budget
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Completing the Census 2021 Halls Contact Information Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for looking after your money