Halls' Spend It is a source of funding that any student living in University of Liverpool Halls can bid for to fund events, activities and projects from our £15,000 pot.
The idea behind it is to give you an opportunity for you to pitch for funding for your big ideas, receive support to get them off the ground and develop your skills in presenting and project management.
The best bit about Spend It is that the power is in your hands. Staff don't get to decide how the Spend It money is allocated, you do. So even if you don't want to bid yourself you can still get involved by deciding what the money gets spent on at the Spend It meeting.
So what's been funded so far?
Semester One - first round of funding:
- A fantastic Christmas event at Philharmonic Court was funded and successfully ran on December 1st
- A new pool table which will be installed at McNair Hall. The payment processing for this is in its final stages, and the table shall arrive after the Christmas break!
- A trip to Breakout Liverpool which took place on the 4th December 2018 with great reviews.
- A Table Tennis table for Greenbank Student Village, which will hopefully be in place soon.
- A Go Karting trip which ran with great success on the 6th December 2018 for members of every hall.
- A Christmas event based in the Herculaneum Room at Carnatic Student Village with a live band which ran smoothly on December 13th
- An end of exams event for the Vine Court postgraduates.
- A paintballing event for Greenbank Student Village residents which took place on 3rd February.
Now it's time to start thinking about Round Two...
The deadline for bids to be received for round two has now passed so the power will soon be over to you to decide what gets funded. To find out what's been bid for and see how you can sign up for the next Spend It meeting to vote on the bids, see this story.