Halls' Spend It is a source of funding that any student living in University of Liverpool Halls can bid for to fund events, activities and projects from our £15,000 pot.
The idea behind it is to give you an opportunity for you to pitch for funding for your big ideas, receive support to get them off the ground and develop your skills in presenting and project management.
The best bit about Spend It is that the power is in your hands. Staff don't get to decide how the Spend It money is allocated, you do. So even if you don't want to bid yourself you can still get involved by deciding what the money gets spent on at the Spend It meeting.
So what's been funded so far?
Semester One - first round of funding:
- A fantastic Christmas event at Philharmonic Court was funded and successfully ran on December 1st
- A new pool table which will be installed at McNair Hall. The payment processing for this is in its final stages, and the table shall arrive after the Christmas break!
- A trip to Breakout Liverpool which took place on the 4th December 2018 with great reviews.
- A Table Tennis table for Greenbank Student Village, which will be put in place following the Christmas break.
- A Go Karting trip which ran with great success on the 6th December 2018 for members of every hall.
- A Christmas event based in the Herculaneum Room at Carnatic Student Village with a live band which ran smoothly on December 13th
- An end of exams event for the Vine Court postgraduates, which will take place in the next semester – currently scheduled for February 2nd 2018!
- A paintballing event for Greenbank Student Village residents which will run on February 3rd
As we get more details about when you can expect some of the projects approved in the latest round to get underway we'll let you know here on Halls Life!
Don’t forget, the next Spend It bid deadline is February 6th 2018. So make sure over this Christmas holiday you get your ideas together for when you return – and we can help you put your plan into action!
Want to find out more about the Spend It scheme? Click here for all the details!