So the third deadline for bids to Halls Spend It has closed. Now it's over to you to decide how the £5,000 available in this round of spending gets allocated!
So what is Halls' Spend It again?
Halls' Spend It is a source of funding that any student living in University of Liverpool Halls can bid for to fund events, activities and projects from our £15 000 pot.
We have created Halls’ Spend It as an opportunity for you to pitch for funding for your big ideas, receive support to get them off the ground and develop your skills in presenting and project management.
And what's this meeting all about?
The next Spend It meeting is on Thursday 23rd March at 5.30pm at the Guild.
With Spend It the power is in your hands. Staff don't get to decide how the Spend It money is allocated, you do. The Spend It meeting is where the latest bids are presented and decided upon so if you want a say in how money is being spend to benefit your Halls, this is your chance.
At this meeting Halls' students will come together to look at all the funding requests and discuss as a group where it would be best used, and why. This will give you chance to meet fellow students in Halls and find out more about what different Halls are getting up to, and also work together to make sure Halls' students are happy with where the money is going.
What bids are we deciding on?
In this round we have bids totaling over £8500 coming to the table so it's bound to be a competitive round! The bids up competing for your approval are:
- An Alton Towers trip for Carnatic Student Village
- A pool table for McNair Hall
- A series of E-sports games nights for Vine Court
- A Halls Have Got Talent competition for all Halls
- A Summer Ball for Philharmonic Court
- A Knowsley Safari trip for all Halls
- A Tag Archery event open to all Halls
- A Molecular Mixology event for postgrads
- An 'alternative bingo' night for all Halls
- A table tennis table for Greenbank Student Village
- To find out more about any of these bids and to decide if they get funding, sign up to the Spend It meeting!
Want to know what's been approved for funding in the past? Check out this link.