Wondering what to bring with you when you move into McNair Hall, Rankin Hall or Salisbury Hall?
Here's our handy guide to what's provided and what you need to bring with you...
What's in my room?
- Wardrobe (with hanging rail and shelving)
- Set of drawers
- Bedside cabinet
- Desk chair
- Waste bin
- Wash basin
The essentials to bring with you...
- Bedding - duvet, pillows, bed sheet, duvet cover, pillow case
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag/hamper
Other things you might want to bring...
- Bedside/desk lamp
- Photos etc to personalise your room
- Plug extension lead to give you more plug sockets (please only use a plug extension lead and do NOT use a cube type. Also, make sure any extension lead you use is of a suitable length and don't use extra long wind up ones where the lead is not fully extended whilst in use).
- Iron / ironing board (a table top ironing board is smaller, or you could store an ironing board in the room set aside for drying clothes on your floor). Your Hall Reception will have iron(s) you can borrow if you don't want to be storing these in your room, but you might find it more convenient to bring your own.
Remember that we don’t allow fairy lights or candles in bedrooms so it’s best not to bring these with you.
You won't need to bring a vacuum cleaner with you - these can be borrowed from your Hall Reception.
What's in my kitchen?
The essentials to bring with you..
- Plates and bowls
- Cutlery (from tea spoons to wooden spoons and everything in between)
- Tea towels
- Microwaveable bowl
Go for the budget options when picking things like crockery etc as things can often get broken.
Don't bother with pots and pans as there isn't a hob in your kitchen, but a microwaveable bowl would definitely be handy. Also, try and limit the number of plates, bowls, mugs etc you bring as there is only limited storage in catered kitchens.