Wondering what to bring with you when you move into Dover Court?
Here's our handy guide to what's provided and what you need to bring with you...
What's in my room?
- Bed (with under mattress storage)
- Wardrobe (with hanging rail and shelving)
- Long mirror
- Desk (with drawers)
- Desk chair
- Shelving above desk
- Waste bin in bedroom and sanitary bin in bathroom
The essentials to bring with you...
- Bedding - duvet, pillows, bed sheet, duvet cover, pillow case
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag/hamper
Other things you might want to bring...
- Bedside/desk lamp (though you'll have a light over your desk). There is a shelf behind your bed if you wanted to put a lamp there.
- Photos etc to personalise your room
Remember that we don’t allow fairy lights or candles in bedrooms so it’s best not to bring these with you.
What's in my kitchen?
- Fridge freezer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Iron and ironing board
DO NOT BRING RICE COOKERS AS YOU CAN BUY THESE HERE IN THE UK - ALL KITCHEN EQUIPMENT MUST BE UP TO UK SAFETY STANDARDS
The essentials to bring with you..
- Plates and bowls
- Cutlery (from tea spoons to wooden spoons and everything in between)
- Tea towels
- Chopping board
- Pots and pans - a frying pan and a saucepan are two essentials here
Go for the budget options when picking things like crockery etc as things can often get broken.