Wondering what to bring with you when you move into Crown Place?
If you're living in a standard bedroom (i.e. in a Single or Deluxe, but not a studio) then here's our handy guide to what's provided and what you need to bring with you...
If you're in a studio check out our list here instead.
What's in my room?
- Wardrobe (with hanging rail and shelving)
- Long mirror (inside your wardrobe)
- Desk chair
- Desk with drawer
- Shelves over desk
- Waste bin in bedroom and sanitary bin in ensuite bathroom
The essentials to bring with you...
- Bedding - duvet, pillows, bed sheet, duvet cover, pillow case.
If you've been allocated a 'double' bed please note that this is actually more of a 3/4 bed so whilst you'll want a double duvet you'll need to buy either a double flat sheet (not double fitted sheet) for the mattress or a 3/4 fitted sheet.
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag/hamper
Other things you might want to bring...
- Bedside/desk lamp (you'll have a light over your desk but may want a desk lamp too, and there is usually a shelf near your bed you could put a bedside lamp on if you wanted one).
- Photos etc to personalise your room
Remember that we don’t allow fairy lights or candles in bedrooms so it’s best not to bring these with you.
What's in my kitchen?
- Fridge freezer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Iron and ironing board
DO NOT BRING RICE COOKERS AS YOU CAN BUY THESE HERE IN THE UK - ALL KITCHEN EQUIPMENT MUST BE UP TO UK SAFETY STANDARDS
The essentials to bring with you..
- Plates and bowls
- Cutlery (from tea spoons to wooden spoons and everything in between)
- Tea towels
- Chopping board
- Pots and pans - a frying pan and a saucepan are two essentials here!
Go for the budget options when picking things like crockery etc as things can often get broken.