Meet the Peer Mentors
Peer Mentors are current students and so have shared the same experiences and dealt with similar issues as many first year students are now facing. This enables them to signpost students to the correct support or guidance services in and around the university. With their knowledge and experience, a Peer Mentor can provide a different perspective on your time at university.
Mentors will have a positive approach and will help you to build confidence when dealing with new experiences. They can tell you more about the University and the wonderful city of Liverpool. Mentors will:
- hold virtual drop-in sessions
- deliver general wellbeing sessions
- be available via Handshake (Careers’ new University platform for students) to answer any queries you might have, just send them a quick message!
- help you find local amenities such as the nearest doctors, shops, cafés, nightlife
- show you where to get general information on your course or University as a whole
- advise you on useful hacks for time management, routine and general wellbeing – basically, hacks to help you keep on top of things.
Peer Mentors can be contacted via Handshake. The scheme is not course specific so you are free to contact any of the mentors via the messaging function.
You will be asked to complete a confidentiality statement and questionnaire, and then they can help you with your query and/or signpost you in the right direction. If you don't hear back from a mentor within 48 hours and need immediate support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please feel free to contact another mentor.
As students you should all be signed up to Handshake, if not, you can sign up here. Just follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://liverpool.joinhandshake.co.uk/ and select 'Sign in with your University of Liverpool MWS account'
- Enter your username in the exact format of MWSusername@liverpool.ac.uk
- Enter your MWS password
- You can then go through the stages to activate your account.
- Read Next
- Melville HSC Pizza & Movie Night Holiday Guidance for Halls Residents Tudor Close Christmas Giveaway Crown Place Activity Pack Christmas Decorating Competition COVID 19: Conduct in Halls COVID 19 Testing at Greenbank Tudor Close Activity Packs Melville Grove Activity Packs Dover Court Activity Packs
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for budgeting your money COVID 19: Information for students self-isolating