Love Reading? Meet 'The Reader' - 6th October
Add this event to your calendar
The Reader is offering one of it's popular Shared Reading sessions exclusively for students in Halls
Shared Reading inspires and supports people to read, aloud, together. It connects people to great literature and each other through live experiences that make literature accessible to all - regardless of background, age or ability.
In a Shared Reading session, a small group or pair of people come together to explore a great novel, story or poem, read aloud. The trained Reader Leader facilitates relaxed and informal discussion that offers group members time and space to connect with the literature in a live and personal way, sharing experiences, thoughts and ideas, or simply listening.
Group members begin to connect with themselves and each other in meaningful ways, personal confidence and wellbeing improves, and a positive relationship with books and reading flourishes. Impact stems from the model itself, which is:
- Weekly – Offering regular, much needed structure in sometimes lonely lives
- Group based and interactive – Bringing people together and facilitating meaningful, face to face communication
- Inclusive – Texts are read aloud, and no prior reading is required. Groups are suitable for all levels of experience or confidence in reading
- Stimulating – Working through quality literature together in a fun and engaging way offers a powerful language which helps us to better connect to our experiences, ourselves and each other
“It has revealed poetry/reading out loud as an incredible coping strategy – for my own wellbeing and others in many situations in the community.” Reader Leader
This one off taster session, with potential to sign up for other activities with The Reader, will take place on Zoom on Tuesday 6th October at 10am and all are welcome, just turn up! There will be no pressure to read aloud, you can just go along and listen or see what's what.
You can join via this Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 714 2852 9494
- Read Next
- Get Involved in Sport Sustainability in Halls Map of Greenbank Welcome Events in Halls Welcome Week in Campus Halls Welcome Week at Greenbank Cleaning in Halls: COVID 19 Guidance Life in Halls: COVID 19 Guidance Brownlow Health Welcome Drop In - 7th October Love Reading? Meet 'The Reader' - 6th October
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Halls Contact Information Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Life in Halls Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for budgeting your money Halls Postal Address