Living in Halls
For those of you who are remaining in our Halls of Residences, we want to try our best to maintain essential services for you. In order to ensure both your safety and that of our staff members, we are implementing additional measures that will take immediate effect from today.
Click here for what to do if you think you have symptoms of Coronavirus. If you do not have any symptoms, please follow the below guidance.
- Only residents are allowed in the halls. No guests or visitors (including family and friends) are permitted.
- All Common Areas will be closed with immediate effect. This includes using pool tables, ping pong and games consoles in the reception areas.
- You should only have contact with students who live in your flat as they are considered to be your household. You should not visit other flats.
- Please join the LivUniHalls 2020 Facebook Group to be kept up to date on online events and activities for students living in halls.
Hall Receptions and Post
The Hall Reception team will provide a phone and email service to the student residents. Please ensure that you do not visit reception in person unless it is absolutely necessary to do so.
You will be able to enter reception if:
- You are collecting an essential post item ( Essential items include: Medication, Groceries, Household Cleaning Items, Sanitary Products or Care Packages). You can see advice on what to buy for your long-lasting essentials shopping list here. Items deemed as non-essential (clothing, beauty etc) will not be distributed. We will update in due course when this service will resume.
- You are accessing the launderette (if applicable). Please note Launderettes remain open but to ensure the spaces are not overcrowded a one in, one out policy will apply.
If you must visit, ensure your hands are washed thoroughly with hot soapy water prior to your visit. Do not enter reception if you have any symptoms that include a cough, fever or sore throat. You will be asked to leave reception if you present with any symptoms.
For all non-urgent requests, we respectfully request that you contact reception by phone or email.
Our cleaning services will now be provided by an external provider, Ametros.
Cleaning will be on a Tuesday and Friday and communal bathrooms will continue to be cleaned. Kitchens will no longer be cleaned and it is your responsibility to ensure a high level of hygiene in your shared spaces by following the below guidelines:
- All dishes and kitchen utensils must be washed up in hot soapy water after use.
- All students must use individual tea-towels that are kept away from others (keep it in your bedroom)
- Make sure you are regularly cleaning kitchen surfaces; Cupboard Door Handles; Cooker switches/nobs; Fridge/Freezer door handles and Kitchen door handles (both sides)
- Kitchen bins will continue to be emptied by Ametros.
Please follow the Government advice to stay at home and only leave the house for:
- shopping for necessities;
- one form of exercise a day (and then only on your own or with other members of your immediate household);
- any medical need;
- travelling to and from work, where absolutely necessary.
Please do follow these new requirements, together with advice on no more private gatherings outside those you immediately live with, both for your own wellbeing and the wellbeing of others.
If you have already left Halls, but have left some of your belongings, please click here for more information.
Stay in Touch
We will be communicating with you regularly via the LivUniHalls 2020 Facebook Group and providing information and activities related to well-being and mental health support, as well as practical support and advice. Please make sure you read our guide to looking after your mental health during this time here. If you believe you have symptoms of Coronavirus and are self-isolating click here.
The Accommodation Office is now closed to face to face visitors. You will be able to contact the accommodation team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or through our online chat. We kindly ask that you do not call us unless it is an emergency due to a limited service. Should you need to call urgently, you can do so on 0151 795 0319.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We will continue to support you throughout this time, and hope normal life can start again soon.
- Read Next
- Walker Art Gallery Trip Exploring Liverpool: Online Halls Recommends: Movies Check-In Chats Halls Recommends: Podcasts Coronavirus and Fraud Halls Recommends: Albums What to do if you think you have Coronavirus Halls Recommends: Books Halls Contact Information
- How to support someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Meet your Hall Manager Long Lasting Essentials for your Food Shop Living in Halls Crown Place - Fire Safety Update HPV Vaccination Time for a Digital Detox? Bikes for Hire - Greenbank What is Student Switch Off? Delicious Curry Recipes