So, you've just received your place at University, but what should you pack?!
Here are the things you are definitely going to want to remember:
- Photos from home, to make you feel more at home in your new place
- Medicine - any medication you need, don't forget to register with a doctor (medication will be available to you in the UK too)
Most other items can be bought locally:
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Warm clothes
- Sports Kit
- Cleaning items
- Kitchen utensils
- BooksBlu-tac for putting up your favourite posters
- Raincoat, this is Britain after all...
- Coffee, tea, mugs, food
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni:
- Rice cookers ( you can buy and use a british safety standard rice cooker here) or chip fryers
- Candles, incense sticks, tea lights
- Smoking equipment, such as pipes and ashtrays
- Dartboards or weapons of any kind (real or replicas - don't bring them!)
Better start packing!