Halls' Spend It is a source of funding that any student living in University of Liverpool Halls can bid for to fund events, activities and projects from our £15 000 pot.
The idea behind it is to give you an opportunity for you to pitch for funding for your big ideas, receive support to get them off the ground and develop your skills in presenting and project management.
The best bit about Spend It is that the power is in your hands. Staff don't get to decide how the Spend It money is allocated, you do. So even if you don't want to bid yourself you can still get involved by deciding what the money gets spent on at the Spend It meeting.
So what's been funded so far?
Semester One - first round of funding:
- Cocktail Mixology class for the Student Villages which took place successfully in February.
- A postgraduate trip to Bongo’s Bingo (still in the process of planning - more info as we get it).
- Ping pong and pool tables for Philharmonic Court which are now in place and being enjoyed!
Semester Two - second round of funding (February):
- A projector and screen for Vine Court to run film nights. The final purchases for this are currently taking place so it should be ready for use very soon.
- A spring BBQ for Philharmonic Court, in conjunction with the Real Junk Food Project. Building on the success of a similar event back in September, this event was to be held on 28th March but had to be postponed at the last minute. We'll let you know when we have a new date for this.
- A motivational speaker lecture open to all Halls which took place on 28th and 29th March.
- A Bongo's Bingo trip for Greenbank Student Village (Bongo's Bingo is clearly where it's at... more info on this one as we get it).
- A spring formal for Carnatic Student Village. The Hall Formals in Semester one were a winner and this was to be a chance to do it all again. The HSCs involved in bidding for this event however have since decided to withdraw and return their allocated funding so they can instead focus their efforts into a summer event for the whole of Carnatic.
Semester Two - third round of funding (March):
- A pool table for McNair Hall
- A series of E-sports games nights for Vine Court
- Contributions towards a Summer Ball for Philharmonic Court
- A Knowsley Safari Park trip for all Halls
- A Tag Archery event open to all Halls
- A Molecular Mixology event for postgrads
- An 'alternative bingo' night for all Halls
- A table tennis table for Greenbank Student Village
As we get more details about when you can expect some of the projects approved in the latest round to get underway we'll let you know here on Halls Life.
There is now likely to be a fourth round of funding in term three to use funds not spent or allocated in earlier rounds. We'll let you know when this deadline will be once it's been decided.