Halls' Spend It is a source of funding that any student living in University of Liverpool Halls can bid for to fund events, activities and projects from our £15 000 pot.
The idea behind it is to give you an opportunity for you to pitch for funding for your big ideas, receive support to get them off the ground and develop your skills in presenting and project management.
The best bit about Spend It is that the power is in your hands. Staff don't get to decide how the Spend It money is allocated, you do. So even if you don't want to bid yourself you can still get involved by deciding what the money gets spent on at the Spend It meeting.
So what's been funded so far?
In the first round of funding last Semester you approved:
- Cocktail Mixology class for the Student Villages which took place successfully in February.
- A postgraduate trip to Bongo’s Bingo (still in the process of planning - more info as we get it).
- Ping pong and pool tables for Philharmonic Court which are now in place and being enjoyed!
At the second meeting back in February you approved:
- A projector and screen for Vine Court to run film nights.
- A spring BBQ for Philharmonic Court, in conjunction with the Real Junk Food Project. Building on the success of a similar event back in September, this event is being held on 28th March. Read this story for more info.
- A motivational speaker lecture open to all Halls. Dates now confirmed for 28th and 29th March - check out this story for more details.
- A Bongo's Bingo trip for Greenbank Student Village (Bongo's Bingo is clearly where it's at... more info on this one as we get it).
- A spring formal for Carnatic Student Village. The Hall Formals in Semester one were a winner and this will be a chance to do it all again very soon. More info on a date once we have it.
The third round of Spend It closed earlier this month and the next Spend It meeting is on Thursday 23rd March.
If you want to sign up to attend check out the information here. The bids being decided upon at this third meeting are:
- An Alton Towers trip for Carnatic Student Village
- A pool table for McNair Hall
- A series of E-sports games nights for Vine Court
- A Halls Have Got Talent competition for all Halls
- A Summer Ball for Philharmonic Court
- A Knowsley Safari trip for all Halls
- A Tag Archery event open to all Halls
- A Molecular Mixology event for postgrads
- An 'alternative bingo' night for all Halls
- A table tennis table for Greenbank Student Village
- To find out more about any of these bids and to decide if they get funding, sign up to the Spend It meeting!