Cookie Consent by
a cup of coffee


Finding your next home

By sophiebk 29 May 2020

After a year in halls, a lot of students will want to move out in to private rented accommodation. See below some advice on the steps to take.

Every year we see students rush to sign agreements with flat mates or course friends, and while the majority of the time they work out okay, there are always scenarios when the decision has been made too soon. It's crucial that you remember there is a large supply of student accommodation in Liverpool so do not rush in to any decisions or agreements. There are always plenty of rooms available and they will continue to come up as others plans change.

Halls Life Team

The Halls Life team will organise Housing Talks on-campus and in Greenbank for all students to attend. These will be advertised on all of the Halls Facebook Groups and Instagram, as well as in the weekly email all students receive every Friday. 

Liverpool Student Homes

LSH is a University-funded service for students in private accommodation, providing free housing advice to all students. LSH will also organise Housing Talks and Housemate mixers and, again, we will advertise these on all of the channels listed above. You can find out more about the services they offer by visiting the LSH website here.

Stay in Halls

If you want to stay in halls you have two options, the first is to apply for a room in Dover Court where second and third years live. You can find out more about Dover Court here. You can also apply to become a Residential Adviser. Residential Advisers (RA) live amongst students in all 7 of our Halls of Residences. The RAs role is to provide support, guidance and out of hours contact for our residents, as well as help to run our exciting social programme. For providing this service RAs receive reduced accommodation, details of which you can find hereClick here to learn more about becoming an RA

Click here to find out more about finding housemates.

Popular topics in Community