Wondering what to bring with you when you move into Philharmonic Court this summer?
Here's our handy guide to what's provided and what you need to bring with you...
What's in my room?
- Wardrobe (with hanging rail and shelving)
- Long mirror
- Desk (with drawers)
- Desk chair
- Shelving above desk
- Waste bin in bedroom and sanitary bin in bathroom
Other things you might want to bring or buy after you arrive...
- Bedding - duvet, pillows, bed sheet, duvet cover, pillowcase. Please note that the 'double bed' is actually more of a 3/4 bed so whilst you'll want a double duvet you'll need to buy either a double flat sheet (not double fitted sheet) for the mattress or a 3/4 fitted sheet.
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag/hamper
Other things you might want to bring...
- Bedside/desk lamp (you'll have a light over your desk but may want a desk lamp too, and there is usually a shelf near your bed you could put a bedside lamp on if you wanted one).
Photos etc to personalise your room
Remember that we don’t allow fairy lights or candles in bedrooms so it’s best not to bring these/buy these.
What's in my kitchen?
- Fridge freezer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Iron and ironing board
The essentials to bring with you..
- Plates and bowls
- Cutlery (from teaspoons to wooden spoons and everything in between)
- Tea towels
- Chopping board
- Pots and pans - a frying pan and a saucepan are two essentials here!
Go for the budget options when picking things like crockery etc as things can often get broken.
If you want to get all of your essentials in one easy place, check out Uni Kit Out where you can kit out your kitchen and bedroom in one easy click!