COVID 19: When to self-isolate
Any resident of University Accommodation must self-isolate immediately if:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus
- you've tested positive for coronavirus (this means you have coronavirus)
- you live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
- you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app
- you arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk – see GOV.UK: how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK
Under any of the above circumstances you should self-isolate. You only need to book a test if you develop symptoms.
If your flatmate has been told they need to self-isolate by track and trace, but they do not have any symptoms, then you do not need to self-isolate.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
As well as self-isolating, if you have symptoms you should book a test for coronavirus via the University testing facility by following the steps on the University website which can be found here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/coronavirus-safety/book-a-covid-test/
Once you are self-isolating:
- You should inform the University via Liverpool Life as soon as you are self-isolating.
- Please also inform your Hall Reception of when you are self-isolating and why. Their contact details are here: http://browzer.co.uk/liv/halls-contact-information_114827
- We will contact you with exact guidance and ensure that you are supported in terms of your well-being, food, medical supplies and washing/cleaning arrangements etc.
- Read Next
- Melville HSC Pizza & Movie Night Holiday Guidance for Halls Residents Tudor Close Christmas Giveaway Crown Place Activity Pack Christmas Decorating Competition COVID 19: Conduct in Halls COVID 19 Testing at Greenbank Tudor Close Activity Packs Melville Grove Activity Packs Dover Court Activity Packs
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for budgeting your money COVID 19: Information for students self-isolating