Perfect for those cold winter nights!
This carrot and ginger soup recipe has lot’s of health benefits, plus it tastes amazing! Here’s how to do it
- 1 tbsp oil (olive works fine)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp coarsely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 500g carrot, sliced
- 400g can cannellini beans
- 4 tbsp almonds in their skins, cut into slivers
- sprinkle of nutmeg
How to make:
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, ginger and garlic, and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften. Stir in the nutmeg and cook for 1 more minute.
2. Pour in the stock, add the carrots, beans and their liquid, then cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the carrots are tender.
3. Scoop a third of the mixture into a bowl and blitz the remainder with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Return everything to the pan and heat until bubbling. Serve topped with the almonds and nutmeg.