Your new household in halls of residence
Things will be a little different on campus this year, so we wanted to give you some more information on what to expect...
We have created 'Live and Learn Bubbles' which will keep you and all our students safe. Our Accommodation Team will match you up with flatmates who are on the same course as you and these students who you will be sharing a living space with will be your 'bubble'/household.
If you'll be living in our smaller period properties it may be your whole house in your bubble, whereas in our larger halls your bubble may be with the students you share a bathroom or kitchen with. All in all, there will be between six and twelve students in a bubble.
This means you'll be able to:
- Travel together - to and from campus and around the city
- Eat together - in accommodation and elsewhere
- Make friends easily and socialise - in accommodation, outside locations, bars, restaurants and leisure facilities
- Study together - on campus and in accommodation
What if you can't place me in a household with other students from my course?
If we are unable to place you in a household with other students from your course you will be allocated accommodation closest to your preference and form a household with your new flatmates.
But don't worry, you won't miss out, you can then also form a second, socially distanced group with your course mates, all in line with the latest government guidelines.
How do we prove we are a household?
We will supply you with a document which you can keep on your phone - this confirms your term-time address so you are able to prove to anyone who asks that you are indeed a household.
What about if I'm living in privately rent accommodation or at home?
If you are plan to live in private accommodation the same rules will apply - your flatmates are your bubble no matter what course they are on. If you plan to live at home then your current household will continue.
Again, you won't miss out, you can then form a second, socially distanced group with your course mates, all in line with the latest government guidelines.
We have lots of virtual and socially distanced events planned to help you meet students outside your bubble so don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to make friends, we can't wait to meet you!
Our goal at all times is to give you the best university experience you can have, both academically and socially without compromising your safety. We will adapt our system as Government rules and guidelines change whilst keeping you fully informed at all times.
- Read Next
- Live pumpkin carving! HIIT and Yoga Yoga Weekly Zumba Let's get cooking Pilates Breakfast on the go Deal or no deal! The BIG Instagram quiz Craft Night
- Seven steps for staying COVID-19 safe About Your Hall: Digby About Your Hall: Gilbert Murray About Your Hall: John Foster Join Your Hall Facebook Group! Keep Your Bike Safe at Uni Follow us on social media! Live pumpkin carving! Your new household in halls of residence About Your Hall