Oadby Student Village
What to Expect When You Arrive - The Village
Add this event to your calendar
So arrivals weekend goes as smoothly as possible, we've put together a step by step guide of what to expect when you arrive in The Village on arrivals weekend on Saturday 21 or Sunday 22 September.
If you are arriving outside of this weekend you should go straight to The Village Reception to check in where there will be staff to welcome you, check you in and give you all of the information you need to know.
1. Arrive at your allocated drop off point
2. Collect your key and student ID card at your key collection desk.
Don't forget to bring your check in document and photo ID. One of the following photo ID is required: Original passport or National ID card, Original Long- Version UK birth certificate or Original Certificate of Naturalisation. You must have completed online registration on MyStudentRecord in order to pick up your ID card. If you require a Visa check, you will pick up your student ID card on campus.
3. Unload your stuff from your car. Your colour coded drop off point is a 20 minute short stay
4. Take advantage of our long stay car park at Leicester Racecourse
Jump on our free shuttle bus back up to your accommodation. The long stay car park is available all day and will be open until 6pm, meaning your family can spend the rest of the day helping to unpack your room and explore.
5. Introduce yourself to your flatmates when you’re unpacking.
It may feel a bit
nerve-wracking but remember everyone is in the same boat!
6. Explore the Village Hub and join in with the activities on offer
Find out more about living in Leicester and living in halls. Chat to our Residential Advisers and find out about events.
7. Take a trip to campus if you want!
Ride the University bus from the Racecourse and check out welcome activities in the centre of campus and in the Students’ Union. The Arriva bus is free to use on arrivals weekend. Usual prices will be charged from Monday 23 September.
8. Attend your hall Welcome talk
Meet others in your hall and find out more information about living in University Accommodation, including important health and safety advice.
9. Head to the Village Hub and grab some food
Enjoy some free food and good company. Meet people from across Oadby Student Village and chat to Residential Advisers.
10. Celebrate your first night in halls with our Welcome Events in The Village Hub
We look forward to seeing you in Leicester!
- Read Next
- Who's ready for Oadbyfest 2019? Welcome Party! About Your Hall: Digby The Oadby Shuttle Bus - 2019/20 Passes Things to do in Leicester Make Your Room Your Home About Your Hall: Beaumont Arrival Events in The Village About Your Hall: Gilbert Murray About Your Hall: John Foster About Your Hall: Stamford Mentally preparing yourself for university... What to Expect When You Arrive
- What to Expect When You Arrive About Your Hall: John Foster Welcome Party! About Your Hall: Gilbert Murray Join Your Hall Facebook Group!