What to expect when you arrive - The City
So arrivals goes as smoothly as possible, we've put together a step by step guide of what to expect when you arrive at The City on arrivals weekend.
If you are arriving outside of the main arrivals period you should go straight to your reception to check in where there will be staff to welcome you, check you in and give you all of the information you need to know.
1. Collect your key from reception when you arrive
Wherever you're staying, register and get you room keys at the key collection point allocated to you in your check-in document (sent by email). This will be your site reception at Nixon Court or Opal Court. If you already have your keys from Drop and Go, you'll still need to quickly visit the key collection point to register.
You will also be able to collect your student ID card at the key collection desk. Don't forget to bring your check in document and photo ID. One of the following photo ID is required: Original passport or National ID card, Original Long-Version UK birth certificate or Original Certificate of Naturalisation. You must have completed online registration on MyStudentRecord in order to pick up your ID card.
Don't forget, there are some new rules that apply when visiting our key collection points and receptions this year.
2. Unload your stuff from your car
Safely unload your stuff from your car. Make sure you keep to your arrival slot and maintain social distancing from others that may be moving in around you. You should wear a face covering while inside (you won't need to do this once you're in your new household). You'll receive detailed instructions on how to move in safely as part of your accommodation induction.
3. Introduce yourself to your flatmates when you’re unpacking.
It may feel a bit nerve-wracking but remember everyone is in the same boat!
4. Explore The City and join in with the welcome activities
Find out more about living in Leicester, chat to our Residential Advisers and find out about events. We'll be running virtual and social distanced welcome activities to help you find out more about your accommodation!
5. Attend your hall Welcome talk
Find out more information about living in University Accommodation, including important health and safety advice. This year we'll be running live virtual welcome talks for you to watch together!
6. Celebrate your first night in halls with our Welcome Events
We're going to be running a range of virtual and safe social distanced events to help you meet others in your hall and have a great student experience! Check out our events page for the details of what's on a bit closer to arrivals.
We look forward to seeing you in Leicester!
- Read Next
- Learning virtually from home at uni Drop and Go information All the arrivals info you need to know Your new household in halls of residence Contents Insurance What to bring to uni for your drop and go slot Accommodation questions answered Self-Isolation and Quarantine Quarantine in Accommodation Self-Isolation in Accommodation
- What to Expect When You Arrive What to Expect When You Arrive - The Village What to expect when you arrive - The City Join Your Hall Facebook Group! How to...Top-up and use your laundry card My First Day in Halls Follow us on social media! About Your Hall Support in Halls About Your Hall: Digby