What to expect when you arrive - City Living
Add this event to your calendar
So arrivals weekend goes as smoothly as possible, we've put together a step by step guide of what to expect when you arrive at City Living on arrivals weekend on Saturday 21 or Sunday 22 September.
If you are arriving outside of this weekend you should go straight to your reception to check in where there will be staff to welcome you, check you in and give you all of the information you need to know.
1. Collect your key from reception when you arrive
Wherever you're staying, get you room keys at the key collection point allocated to you in your check-in document (sent by email). This will be your site reception at Nixon Court, Opal Court or Brookland Road.
Nixon Court and Opal Court - You will also be able to collect your student ID card at the key collection desk. Don't forget to bring your check in document and photo ID. One of the following photo ID is required: Original passport or National ID card, Original Long-Version UK birth certificate or Original Certificate of Naturalisation. You must have completed online registration on MyStudentRecord in order to pick up your ID card.
If you are staying in Brookland Road or if you require a Visa check, you will need to pick up your student ID card on campus.
2. Introduce yourself to your flatmates when you’re unpacking.
It may feel a bit nerve-wracking but remember everyone is in the same boat!
3. Join in with the activities on offer and find out more about living in Leicester
Chat to our Residential Advisers and our Welcome Team
4. Take a trip to campus!
Check out welcome activities on campus and in the Students' Union. Grab some food and meet some new people!
5. Collect your Student ID from the Charles Wilson Building (Residents in Brookland Road or if you require a Visa check)
Don't forget to bring your check in document and photo ID. One of the following photo ID is required: Original passport or National ID card, Original Long- Version UK birth certificate or Original Certificate of Naturalisation. You must have completed online registration on MyStudentRecord in order to pick up your ID card.
6. Attend your hall Welcome talk
Meet others in your hall and find out more information about living in University Accommodation, including important health and safety advice.
7. Check out welcome events going on in City Living
We look forward to seeing you in Leicester!
- Read Next
- Meet the Team - City Living! Who's ready for Oadbyfest 2019? Mentally preparing yourself for university... Join Your Hall Facebook Group! Make Your Room Your Home Things to do in Leicester The Oadby Shuttle Bus - 2019/20 Passes Welcome Events in The City Follow us on social media! Life in the UK vs. China The mental health reality of my first year How to give your flatmates food envy!
- What to Expect When You Arrive My First Day in Halls About Your Hall: John Foster Welcome Events in The City Arrival Events in The Village