The Oadby Shuttle Bus - 2019/20 Passes
Oadby Shuttle Bus
The cheapest regular bus service between Oadby Student Village and the University of Leicester Campus is the Oadby Shuttle Bus, run by the University and operated by Centrebus.
Students asked us for an easy-to-use, reliable and regular bus service managed by the university, so it's even easier to travel to campus; so the accommodation team created the Oadby Shuttle Bus! Find out more and purchase your pass below.
Bus passes for the Oadby Shuttle Bus are now available to purchase
Monday – Friday service - £175
Monday - Saturday service - £195
Semester Two Pass
Monday – Friday service - £70
Monday - Saturday service - £78
The annual pass is valid from Monday 23 Septmeber 2019 – Saturday 20 June 2020.
The semester two pass is valid from Monday 13 January 2020 - Saturday 20 June 2020.
Your bus pass will be uploaded to your student card, so there’s no additional paper pass. All you have to do is tap your student card on the reader when you get on the bus. Learn how to activate your bus pass using the instructions at the link below.
Alternative transport options from Oadby Student Village
Oadby Student Village is around 2 miles from campus, so it's worth considering how you'll travel to university.
- Walking to main campus takes about 30-40 minutes, depending on how fast you walk!
- Cycling to campus is easy, with dedicated bike racks in Oadby Student Village and a large underground secure bike store on main campus. The easiest route is to follow the cycle lanes via London Road. The council have even created a dedicated cycle highway into the City Centre, free of other vehicles!
- The Arriva Bus (31/31A/31E) is a public service run by Arriva which offers various ticket options, including pay as you go. This service runs into the City Centre and is available at weekends. The bus stops a short walk from the student village travelling past Victoria Park and the end of University Road for travelling to campus.
- Bringing your own car is also an option for travelling around Leicester. You'll need to purchase a parking permit for £50 to park in Oadby Student Village, there is no student parking on the university campus or in City Living. Blue badge holders can park in Oadby Student Village free of charge but will need to register their vehicle at reception.
Got a Question?
There's lot's of options for transport around Leicester, so we'd be happy to talk you through it and help you choose what's right for you. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)116 252 2428, our office is open 24/7 every day!
Want to chat in person? Come and see us on a Leicester Open Day or find out about travel options when you arrive at our Discover Leicester fair during your welcome weekend (more details to follow shortly).
- Read Next
- Book Your Hall Social Space About Your Hall Support in Halls About Your Hall: Digby How To...Get Around in Leicester About Your Hall: Beaumont About Your Hall: Stamford About Your Hall: Gilbert Murray About Your Hall: John Foster My First Day in Halls
- What to Expect When You Arrive What to Expect When You Arrive - The Village What to expect when you arrive - The City Join Your Hall Facebook Group! How to...Top-up and use your laundry card My First Day in Halls Escape OSV! The Oadby Shuttle Bus - 2019/20 Passes Follow us on social media! About Your Hall