The Oadby Shuttle Bus- Term Three passes now available
Oadby Shuttle Bus – Term Three Passes now available
Term Three bus passes are now available to purchase. Based on your feedback through the arrivals survey and focus groups we have added a Saturday service to the Oadby Shuttle Bus timetable. You now have the option to buy a pass that includes the Saturday service, or you can opt for the Monday- Friday only pass.
Term Three Pass
Monday – Friday service
Term Three Pass + Saturday Service
Monday – Friday service, plus Saturday service.
The Saturday service will run every 30mins from 10.00 – 19.00* (*excluding 14.00-15.00)
The term three pass is valid from Monday 29 April – Saturday 22 June
Updates to the bus pass
We’ve made some changes based on your feedback and now your bus pass will be uploaded to your student card, so there’s no additional paper pass. All you have to do is tap your student card on the reader when you get on the bus.
- After you have purchased the bus pass you will receive an email when your pass has been updated
- Once it has been updated, hold your student card against any card reader in Oadby Student Village social space (e.g. Olive Banks Study Space) for about ten seconds until the reader shows green.
- Alternatively you can hold the card against any of the attendance monitors on campus used for seminars/ lectures.
- Once you have done this your card can be used on the bus
Alternative transport options
Walking to main campus takes about 30-40 minutes, depending on how fast you walk!
Cycling to campus is easy, with dedicated bike racks in Oadby Student Village and a large underground secure bike store on main campus. The easiest route is to follow the cycle lanes via London Road.
The Arriva Bus (U1/U2/U3) is a term time public service run by Arriva which offers various ticket options, including pay as you go. This service, along with the 31 run into the City Centre and are available at weekends.
We want your feedback
Please note that this is a trial service and so we would like to get your feedback on the bus throughout the trial. It also means that the service is subject to change and we want your feedback. We will be holding focus groups and asking for feedback via surveys so please make sure you get involved and tell us what you think. At the moment there is no guarantee that the service will continue into term two, but we will keep you updated on what options are available.
Please email any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read Next
- How to...make you way around Leicester Dessert Night Keep Calm and Craft Maintenance problem? Complete the National Student Housing Survey Make Your Room Your Home Moving to Leicester? Top Spots to Visit!
- Events This Month in Oadby Student Village Oadby Summerfest! A National Award for One of Our RAs Breakfast for Champions Coffee Night