Self-Isolation in Accommodation
If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 you must stay at home and self-isolate.
Notify us that you are self-isolating at email@example.com and we will ensure the appropriate support and services are put in place for you such as grocery shopping, deliveries, maintenance and student support services.
You will only receive this information if you notify us your are self-isolating, so it is essential you do this as soon as you start your period of isolation.
I'M HAVING SYMPTOMS
- If you have symptoms, however mild, stay at home for at least 7 days from when the symptoms started
- After 7 days, if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to continue to self-isolate. If you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal
SOMEONE IN MY FLAT/HOUSE IS HAVING SYMPTOMS
- lf someone you live with develops symptoms, everyone else in your household must self-isolate for 14 days, starting from when the first person became ill
- If you start displaying symptoms you need to stay at home for at least 7 days from when the symptoms appeared, regardless of what day you are on in the original 14 day isolation period
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO DO
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111 if you need advice
- You do not need to call 111 to tell them you are self-isolating
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze and throw the tissue away straight away
- Clean areas with regular household disinfectant regularly, don’t forget door handles and grab-rails!
- All rubbish from your flat needs to be double-bagged and left outside your flat - then notify your site reception to collect it
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Read Next
- Endsleigh Prize Draw- confirm your cover to enter Learning virtually from home at uni Drop and Go information All the arrivals info you need to know Your new household in halls of residence Contents Insurance What to bring to uni for your drop and go slot Accommodation questions answered Self-Isolation and Quarantine Quarantine in Accommodation
- What to Expect When You Arrive What to Expect When You Arrive - The Village What to expect when you arrive - The City Join Your Hall Facebook Group! How to...Top-up and use your laundry card The University Shuttle Bus - 2020/21 Passes Follow us on social media! About Your Hall Support in Halls About Your Hall: Digby